"Right now, we are finding that more inmates are searching. They are hungry for God."
Chaplains who serve in Los Angeles jail system, the largest in the US, are saying that more inmates are desiring to know God in these trying times. God has made a way to reach out to those behind bars with messages of hope and encouragement through Christmas cards.
2017 Christmas cards are currently in design and production and will be available the end of this September, soon to be distributed among various prison/jail ministries throughout the country.
These cards are given FREE OF CHARGE to prison/jail ministries made possible by supporters who partner with us in sowing "seeds" of God's Word.
Over 573,000 Christmas cards have been distributed to prison chaplains, rescue missions, evangelism outreach, Christmas baskets/dinners/gifts.
Inmates are searching. The opportunity is here to sow seeds of life that leads to transformation. The prisons and jails are like a revolving door. 75% of inmates return within 3 years after release. Unless there is a change, a transformation from within that truly sets them free, the cycle of repeat offenses goes on and on.
Romans 12:2 "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. - Transformation by renewal of the mind means a change from within that affects the outward way we live".
Keithian Starling (next to Helen) is just such a person changed and set free by God's grace. Keithian was in and out of jails and prison most of teenage/adult life until his life was changed. Keithian started Grace Ministries and works full time preaching, teaching, and training in Nashville prisons, other states and internationally.
Heart Gifts is a Non-Profit 501(c)3 ministry in partnership with other reputable non-profit Christian organizations dedicated to sowing "seeds" of God's Word to the needy and neglected around the world. Heart Gifts welcomes donations, which are fully tax–deductible. 501(c)3 Status
Contributions can be mailed to address below or donate online: Heart Gifts • 4045 SE Taylor St, Portland, Oregon 97214
We are grateful for supporters who pray and contribute in this ministry.
We invite you to partner with us. Regardless, if you intentionally came to this page or just happened to be browsing around, this is your opportunity to make a difference by participation in praying for those behind bars and with a financial gift which enables Heart Gifts to produce and distribute the cards.
Take a LOOK INSIDE - These 2016-2021 Christmas cards have a unique message both inside and back
Four unique cards - two in Spanish Each with a purposeful design to speak into the lives of inmates this Christmas season. This is a time when they are most open to receive a small gift that says we care and God cares.
2014 Christmas cards are out of stock but are still here to view them.
The Christmas cards have also blessed many prison chaplains. It provides them with another opportunity for ministry among inmates. Chaplains pray over the cards and then hand them out among the inmates. Several chaplains told us that the day on which cards are handed out is a day of joy and celebration that inmates look forward to each year. One chaplain said the Christmas cards were always “the HIGHLIGHT of the whole year!”
Various churches write encouraging notes in the cards and then give the cards to a prison chaplain to distribute, especially to give to those inmates who never receive any mail. But most prison chaplains ask for two to four cards to give out to each inmate so they can send a card to their friends and family members.
Ministries who used the Christmas cards for their outreach:
In 2016 Over 190,000 Cards distributed to inmates in 68 prisons and jails in 25 states:
Alaska (1 jail), California (13 prisons/jails), Colorado (1), Florida (2), Georgia (4), Illinois (3), Idaho (4), Iowa (1), Kansas (1), Michigan (3), Mississippi (3), Montana (2), North Carolina (3), North Dakota (1), New Hampshire (1), New Mexico (1), Nevada (2), New York (1), Pennsylvania (2), Oklahoma (2), Oregon (10), Tennessee (1), Texas (2), Virginia (2), Washington (3)
Statement of Faith:
The Apostles Creed and Acts 4:10–12 “. . . There is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.”
• Psalm 23 - CREATION - Psalm 139 - and Easter resources have been given for short-term mission trips and extended mission outreach in Alaska, Japan, the Philippine Islands, Cambodia (6 orphanages), Pakistan, Cuba, Thailand, Uganda, Ethiopia, Kenya, Nigeria, Cameroon, Sierra Leone, Rwanda, Hungary, France, Spain, Austria, Australia, India, Mexico, Columbia, Peru, Paraguay, Argentina, Brazil, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Hondurus, Venezuela, Ecuador, Guatemala, China, Kuwait, and the Middle East.
• MERCY SHIPS uses Creation & Psalm 23 Big Books, Poster-cards, lesson CDs, pocketbooks and other resources to teach children who receive medical help on the ship. The resources are also used for ministry in villages.
• Pocketbooks and DVDs of Christian Resources have been given to small mission churches, and distributed for hospital ministry, homeless outreach, Thanksgiving baskets, teen lock-down centers, Angel Tree ministry, migrant outreach, various shelters, special ministry outreach to women in need, care-packages to servicemen/women in Afghanistan.
• Hundreds of Books and over 25,000 pocketbooks have been given to thousands of foster children in Oregon, Washington, and California
• Over 2,000 books, 1,000 pocketbooks, 150 Christmas DVDs, and 15,000 Christmas cards have been given to Christian Library International's library ministry in over 1,400 prisons and detention centers.
• Over 503,000 Christmas cards have been distributed to prison chaplains, rescue missions, evangelism outreach, Christmas baskets/dinners/gifts.